Best Baby Cribs Review
BEST BABY CRIBS
As a mother, you want your baby always safe and sound no matter what he is doing. You are always there to watch his every move and make sure he does not hurt himself. The only time you leave your best baby cribs unattended is the time when your little one sleeps. So, it is absolutely necessary that you choose a baby crib that is safe, spacious and comfortable. But for some parents choosing a suitable crib for their child becomes a problem because of the variety of options available in the market and their very little knowledge about the best baby cribs. This article will guide all the new parents in choosing a best, safe, and comfortable crib for their precious little one.
All babies need cribs for a comfortable, safe sleep. Also, the style and color of the cribs add beauty and definition to your baby’s room. The right time to transition your baby from the bassinet to crib or from crib to bed varies from baby to baby. However, cribs are used for an average of 24 months and when your baby is baby is too big for the crib and can easily escape with little effort then t is the time to transfer him to bed.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF BABY CRIBS
There are many different types of baby cribs available. Some of the varieties that are available in the market are:
1. Standard baby cribs
They have the simplest design a crib could have. These are strong, big, sturdy wooden cribs. These are very long lasting and generally the cheapest type of baby cribs available in the market.
2. Convertible best baby cribs
These kinds of cribs cater the need of your growing baby at every stage of his life. That is why they are called lifetime cribs. These cribs can be converted into one or more kinds of bed for your baby. It is a standard crib but then it can be converted into a day bed, toddler bed and single or twin sized bed. These cribs are strong and are built to last and give you cost effective long-term bedding solution.
3. Best baby cribs Portable
As the name suggests these cribs can be moved from room to room in your room. They especially come quite handy when you do not have enough space in your house for a crib. With this type of crib, you baby can be with you all the time, safe in his crib and you can also have a watchful eye on him all the time.
4. Travel cribs
If you have a baby and you travel a lot, this is the crib for you. They can be neatly packed in a bag and are made up of lightest materials so that they can be transferred from place to place but because of the light materials, these are much prone to wear and tear and not long lasting.
5. Multi-purpose cribs
A multi-purpose crib has a one or more piece of furniture attached to it such as a drawer or two, or side racks for putting baby stuff on, an attached trolley or a baby change table etc. The major advantage of these cribs is that they eliminate the need for extra furniture.
6. Best baby cribs Round
These come with a canopy and have an unusual design. They have more of a medieval look to them. They are not very spacious or comfortable.
7. Eco-friendly cribs
This crib can take any form of the previously mentioned crib. As the name suggests they are made up of eco-friendly materials and renewable resources such as sustainable forest plantations.
BEST MODELS OF BABY CRIBS
Now out all these cribs, the best, latest and trending designs out of which you should pick one for your baby are:
BEST CONVERTIBLE BABY CRIBS
DaVinci Kalani 4 n 1 convertible baby crib
It is the latest, highest rated and recommended crib. Made up of New Zealand’s finest pine wood, this 4 in 1 convertible crib can be converted from a crib with four mattress setting s into a toddler bed, daybed or full-sized bed. It is light weight but is still built solid and strong. It fulfills all the safety requirements of a crib and is built from all non-toxic materials. It comes in seven colors, has an appealing design and a number of easily adjustable settings of the mattress and the overall crib.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified - screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals
- Converts to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed (conversion kits sold separately)
- Finished in non-toxic multi-step painting process, lead and phthalate safe. Stop using when child begins to climb or reaches 35 inches
- Made of 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood.Four adjustable mattress positions
- Meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards & includes 1-year warranty
Storkcraft Tuscany 4 in1 convertible baby crib
It is somewhat similar to the above mentioned DaVinci crib and has excellent reviews. However, unlike the above-mentioned crib, it is made up of cherry wood and has three mattress settings. It is very easy to setup and meets all safety requirements. Being made of cherry wood it is solid, strong and sturdy and can’t be moved easily around the house. It also exceeds all the safety requirements. Its price is higher than the DaVinci crib so it has toppled down to the second position.
- Meets or exceeds all ASTM and CPSC safety standards; JPMA certified
- Made from quality pine wood and composites; Available in multiple, safe, non-toxic finishes
- Three-position adjustable mattress support to accommodate baby's growth
- Crib converts into a toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed with headboard and footboard (full-size metal bed frame sold separately)
- Brand: Storkcraft
Babyletto Hudson 3 in 1 convertible baby crib
It is an excellent eco-friendly crib for the eco-conscious parents. It has more stylish and modern touch to it. As the name says it is also convertible 3 in 1 crib so it can be converted from a crib to a toddler bed to a daybed. This crib also has four mattress settings. Being eco-friendly it is made up of 100% organic materials. Made up of New Zealand’s pine wood it comes in seven colors.
It is more expensive than the above two cribs and is small and not very spacious. So, the standard size crib mattresses may not fit well in them.
- 1 of Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib, Natural
- 1 of Dream On Me 3 Portable Crib Mattress, White Vinyl
PORTABLE BEST BABY CRIBS
Dream on Me 3 in 1 Folding Portable baby crib
In portable cribs, this is the number 1 on the list. It has three adjustable mattress settings. The highest setting can be used as a changing table for the baby or as the bassinet also. It is smaller and lighter than the standard crib. Children weighing more than 35lbs cannot be put into it. it can be folded completely and put aside if there is space shortage. It is cheaper as compared to other cribs and meets all the safety standards. It has a disadvantage which is that it comes with a mattress which is very thin and not comfortable at all.
- Folding, Portable Crib is the only 3 level portable crib available
- Solid Birchwood frame; Lightweight, portable frame; Folds flat for storage; Perfect for grandparents, traveling or second home
- Crib easily converts into a playpen or a changing station in seconds
- Stationary (non drop side) rail system; Dual hooded safety wheels with locking casters provides the utmost in product safety
- Crib mattress and all tools for easy assembly included
Dream on me Folding full-size baby crib
It is portable standard size crib, which means it is more spacious a gives a lot of room to the baby to move around and also standard mattress size can easily fit in it but the drawback is that when it is assembled it enormous design would not leave any space and thus it becomes hard to move around and it being called a portable crib becomes a question. There are two adjustable mattress heights and all the four wheels lock securely. It also passes all the safety requirements.
- PATENT #6817046 / 8479328 B2
- 37 position full size folding crib
- Simply fold flat using the patented folding system and store
- Punched hole at the mattress base is to adjust the level of the mattress height
- Dream On Me Standard Mattress, sold separately
Delta portable crib
This portable crib is similar to the standard crib size with two adjustable mattress settings. However, the weight limit of the child is 35lbs. Other problems with this crib are that the wheels of the crib do not lock securely and the mattress that comes with the crib is too thin and flimsy and one has to buy a strong comfortable mattress separately which costs more. But other than these problems the crib is good and can easily be moved from one place to another. It is inexpensive, made up of non-toxic materials and collapses down to six inches deep when folded.
- 2 Position adjustable mattress support
- Meets or exceeds all JPMA safety standards
- Designed for children up to 2 years of age or 50 lbs
- Crib can also be used as a bassinet, changer and/or playpen
- 4 Hooded casters for easy mobility and fits through all doorways
BEST TRAVEL BABY CRIBS
Lotus everywhere baby crib
This travel crib is ideal for families that travel a lot. It is light weight and can be easily packed into a bag and can be set up again at any place in less than a minute. It has many plus points for it to be the best travel crib such as it has no weight limit as the bottom of the crib rests on the floor. The cover is machine washable and it has zipped side doors to easily access your baby and its extremely light weight. However, it also has a thin flimsy mattress which can be uncomfortable for the baby.
- 15 Second set-up, backpack portability, fits as a carry-on, use it EVERYWHERE
- Breathable ClearView Mesh allows for full airflow and an unobstructed view of the child, even when the side is zipped up. The mesh sides go all the way down to the mattress to create a safe, breathable sleep environment.
- No Flame Retardants. No PVC, Phthalates, or Lead. 16 CFR 1221 + ASTM F406-13A certified.
- 42" x 24" mattress, 25" deep. 13 lbs total.
- Fun side door makes it much more than a crib...it's a perfect, fun, comfortable play area for your little one.
Baby Bjorn travel crib
This travel crib is most easy to set up. You just have to take it out of the bag in which is it folded and it will spring open on its own. The cribs fulfill all the safety standards, is much lighter in weight and made up of non- toxic materials. Its cover is also washable but it is a wee bit expensive.
- Easy to take along with you on all types of adventures - weighs only 13 lbs. Mattress: 23.5 x 41 x 1.2 in/60 x 105 x 4 cm. Assembled: 32 x 44 x 24 in/82 x 112 x 64cm. Folded down in carry bag: 19 x 23.5 x 5.5 in/49 x 60 x 14 cm
- Simple to set up and fold up with no loose parts to attach. Crib fabric: 100% polyester, Mattress cover: Bottom: 100% polyester, Top: 50% polyester, 50% polyurethane (PU)
- JPMA Certified Product with safe, breathable mesh sides and a soft, comfy mattress for your child
- The fabric is easy to remove and is machine washable (warm/40 degree Celsius) and Do not tumble dry and the mattress cover is also machine washable (hot/60 degree Celsius)
- Can be used for babies and children aged 0-3 years
Graco Pack n play on the Go Playard
It resembles somewhat to a baby gear. It is a popular travel crib and it also acts as a playard for your child. It is inexpensive, meets safety standards, has wheels on one side for moving around, has a bassinet and toy bar. However, it is heavier and more cumbersome to setup and move around.
Infographic – Increase Accuracy when Using a Best Baby Cribs
As a parent purchasing a crib is matters a lot. If you are a parent looking for a best comfortable crib for your child, first do your homework and gather as much info as you can on all type of cribs and then choose according to your taste and your baby’s comfort. There are many things to look for in a crib i.e. color, size, style but the thing that matters most is Safety Guidelines. Before buying a crib make sure that it meets all the safety standards. All the above-mentioned cribs are the safe choices for you to buy a crib and welcome your precious little one.